In My Kitchen

Sunday, 6 July 2014

Some of the food happenings in my kitchen during the last week.

~Sliced tomatoes.


~The bottom layer of a layered salad -peas, spring onions and toasted seeds.


~ Layered salad. Made to use up a lot of leftover sweetcorn. After the pea and seed layer there is lettuce,  then sweetcorn, more spring onions and seeds and then grated cheese and crisp bacon.


~ We ate the layered salad with potato salad.


~ A tray of cooked chickpeas waiting to go in the freezer. This is most of a whole 500g bag of dried chickpeas which I soaked and cooked in one go. Once they were frozen I gathered them all into a bag and put them back in the freezer. Some weren't frozen but used for a chickpea curry which I forgot to photograph.


~ Adding dried cranberries to a batch of granola.


~ Friday night was pizza night.


~ followed by raspberries and cream.


~ The apricots and peaches I bought on Monday were going soft. I sliced them up for a galette.


~ A galette, rustic tart, free-form pie -call it what you will, it's pastry topped with fruit, sprinkled with a little sugar, the edges of the pastry turned up to stop the fruit sliding off. I sprinkled a couple of spoonfuls of ground almonds under the fruit to soak up the juices. Baked at 200°c (180°c fan oven) for 45 minutes.


~ We ate it with homemade vanilla ice cream.




”pinterest” ”instagram” ”email ”follow

16 comments:

  1. Everything equally delicious, as always. And that fruit tart is precisely the thing I feel like making today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbow salad! I need to make that. As usual it all looks delicious Sue. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, it all looks delicious, particularly the galette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:23 pm BST

    Hello Sue, This all looks fantastic. I have had a day in the kitchen making nectarine galette, coffee cream cake and spaghetti with pea and mint pesto. Thank you so much for your continued inspiration.Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think toasted seeds make every salad better. The galette is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could quite fancy a slice of that apricot and peach galette right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The idea of cooked apricots has me salivating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love a gallette, so quick and easy, we had an Apple one today using up the fruit bowl.....Love the colours of your food, enticing you to dig in x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sue everything looks so delicious and inspiring. More importantly made by scratch and with lots of love :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue, I have been a fan of your food photography for a little while now - I find it hard to get good images of food, but have set myself a challenge to improve this skill. I cook from scratch too and think that gallette looks divine! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh poo, I wrote a lengthy comment here & now it has gone! Hey ho, was all about the fact I am still going strong with your no knead bread recipe! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:22 pm BST

    What a fantastic selection of dishes! May I come to live at your house, please?

    Tasha T

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always make me feel soooooo hungry. I love the layered salad.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this post made me hungry! I will have to put together something like your salad. Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful assortment of delicious looking dishes! I can't help but feel that if Pavlov had had access to your blog, he wouldn't have had to bother with ringing all those bells all the time....

    ReplyDelete

The Quince Tree All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger