Just Now I am.....

Tuesday, 27 September 2011

~ Enjoying the autumn sun in my garden.


On the spiderwebs.



and behind the peeling bark of my prunus serrula.

~ Eating pie in eager anticipation of this book arriving any day now.


Fish pies


Chunks of salmon, cod and smoked haddock cooked in milk. The milk used to make white sauce. Cooked fish and sauce combined, topped with bought puff pastry and baked.




~ Joining in the fun on Pinterest again. I couldn't stay away, too many lovely ideas and images. Now if only I can stop being irritated by all those weird newborn photos where the baby appears to be resting its chin on its hands. 

~ Guiltily enjoying this programme on (I can't believe I'm saying this) CBS Reality. Katie loves it and the rest of us have been sucked in. This is mainly due to the likeability of Australians and their laid back sense of humour.
These guys are just great. In every episode they end up having to rescue someone who either goes swimming when they can't actually swim or when they are drunk. Sometimes both. There's always some bloke who has dislocated his shoulder whilst surfiing to sort out as well; 'Look mate you need to go to the hospital', 'No, no, I can pop it back myself.....if I just.... aaagh...just push....aaagh aaaagggh!'
I'm not at all tempted by Bondi Beach though, with its rip currents, sharks, thieves and an average 30 000 people on it each day in summer. No, it's a Cornish fishing cove for me.

20 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh, fish pie- can't wait for taste technology to be added to blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm pie!

    My eldest would love that programme - he is mad on sharks.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha is also a big an o Bondi rescue. In act that is her ambition to be lieguard on Bondi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was you and Martha who told us about Bondi Rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel F8:53 pm BST

    haha - i so know what you mean about the baby pics! Thought i was mean not to find them cute ( or cats pulling faces wearing hats!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pies look yummy and I love the pie dishes , think I will have to be on the lookout for some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning bark pictures. It looks a little like mace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fish pie...school dinners...argh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thud, my fish pie is delicious thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fish pie looks scrumptious. I think perhaps I should Pin it ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Or you could come to Queensland's lovely beaches. Not so crowded, warmer weather means much warmer sea (26-28C)and friendly family atmosphere - but bring lots os sunscreen, our sun is HOT !!!
    Cheers
    PS We love the guys from Bondi Rescue. All Lifesavers and Lifeguards do a wonderful job keeping us safe while we enjoy the surf and sun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pieminister Pies has a stall at our local Sunday market. They're delicious. And I love the names they give them. Didn't know they had a book out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm in love with your pies..and i have no shortage of enamel to make them in :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We were at Bondi for the first time on Monday (blogged) although I've never watched Bondi Rescue. Apparently Hugh Jackman was there yesterday, running through the surf, so I'm kicking myself for going on the wrong day!! Have to say I prefer our beaches 2 hours up the coast from Sydney, but I do miss Cornish and Scottish beaches.

    Might be Fish Pie here for dinner tonight, haven't made it in ages.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fish pies looks delicious ~ it's my favourite kind of pie :O)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fish pie my absolute favourite, my Father used to make it when I was ill.

    ReplyDelete
  17. deedownunder7:54 am BST

    We watch Bondi Rescue too! Yes, Bondi is a very crowded beach ...but, not all beaches are like that in Australia. As some one else said, you should come to Queensland! We have fantastic beaches here with squeaky white sand and clear blue sea. Beat English beaches anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That fish pie looks DELICIOUS :-)

    I too can't quite understand why someone would want a picture doctored to look like their baby is resting their hands on the chin .... odd. I can overcome this though to have the visual feast that is Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous11:05 am BST

    You forgot to mention the parking at Bondi - ghastly! Better off round the corner at Coogee. BTW, I like the look of your pie and especially your little dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never had fish pie with a pastry top before, always mashed potato. How odd is that? I do love fish pie though.

    ReplyDelete

The Quince Tree All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger