Sakura







In Japan the cherry blossom or sakura is a symbol of the brevity of life.

Comments

  1. Let's hope that Spring brings some hope of recovery to the people of Japan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow we are no where near having blossom in North Yorks. I would frame those Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds us how fragile life really is

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pics Sue. Which variety is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruby, I was told last year by a Japanese commenter (see very similar post for 7th April)that it was a yaezakura which means a double cherry blossom. The last time it flowered this early was in 2000 when I brought my daughter home from the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Cherry blossom is so beautiful, lasts for such a short time and is so fragile, perhaps just like life can be.
    x Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. well said, feeling it very much today, a year since my 11 year old niece died xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pati from London2:19 pm GMT

    I was in Japan during the cherry blossom season a few years ago and it was gorgeous.... These days I've been thinking of them as I've walked or driven through the streets of West London admiring these great trees and hoping that their country blossoms once again soon. Lovely, thoughtful pics, x Pati

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just visited your blog for the first time...it's lovely and I'll be visiting more often as you are now on my Blog List..
    Here on Crete we have many quince trees and the first blossom is almost over
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful tribute. Also, wishing strength to Clare for the sad revelation about your young niece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blossom... I love the symbolism in Japanese culture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cherry blossom. It's my first visit to your blog and I really enjoyed this post and earlier ones that I read. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. See, I was feeling all springlike and cheery till you said that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful post, Sue.x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment