Comfort and Joy


Today is the third Sunday in Advent; time to light our candle.
My beautiful picture is from Katie Daisy of The Wheatfield Etsy shop. Once our tiny hall has been redecorated it will hang on the wall in there so that visitors can see it when they call.


Mincemeat and apple crumble tart based on a Nigel Slater recipe which I talked about here.
A layer of crumble mixture pressed into a cake tin. Half a jar of my mincemeat spread over it, two cooking apples sliced and scattered over the mincemeat. The rest of the jar spread over the apples. More crumble over the lot. Baked for 50 minutes.


Comfort and cream.



I've made a start on my blanket. I've crocheted about ten rows of trebles. I've used nearly two balls of yarn already. I'm either going to have to settle for a smaller blanket than planned or buy more yarn.


There's nothing cosier on a winter evening than having a blanket on the go, especially one made with such glowing colours.



Comments

  1. Hi Sue,
    I love the colours in your blanket. Have a great week.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argghhhhh I am stamping my feet lol. I ordered this yarn 3 months ago and it still hasn't come! Now I have seen yours I am rather greener than green with envy! Love it. And the pie looks rather good too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the colours in the blanket Sue even if it is a yarn gobbler i's lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pud.I might have to have a go at that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the blanket, the colours are fab. It is surprising just how much yarn a blanket takes; I'm slowly crocheting a rather large lap or knee blanket and I've put aside ten 50g balls for it, but I'm having my doubts as to whether I've bought enough. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the colours! (And the crumble!)
    Caz :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pud to warm the insides and a blanket on the grow to warm the outside, love the colors. x Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also made an apple and mincemeat dessert yesterday however It was not quite as successful as yours - my strudel split! Will definitely give yours a go though.

    Your blanket is coming along beautifully.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What glorious colours your yarn is forming xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just knew that yarn would make a fabulous luscious blanket and it's true, just yummy. The dessert made my mouth water! You're so industrious!! Hugs from Oregon...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those colours are absolutely stunning - especially in the first photo - simply WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful glowing colours in your blanket, this is a good time to be buried under a blanket in progress = not to mention one that is already finished! The mincemeat and apple crumble tart sounds really good, think I might make that for Christmas Eve dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment