Christmas 2010 - the Good, the Bad and the Ugly















The Good

Watching the children plunder their stockings and sacks (yes, they have both- spoilt brats).
The new pyjamas they all received were a roaring success despite C's assertion that they were a 'boring present'.

Toy Story 3 -in my daughter's stocking. Funny, clever and sad.

The One Ronnie -on BBC1. I'd forgotten how funny Ronnie Corbett is. The sketch in the greengrocer's was hilarious. Eggs Box £3.60 -genius.

Dr Who - on BBC1. No, I didn't understand what was going on, maybe I was a little preoccupied with my burning foot, but I enjoyed Michael Gambon's performance, Katherine Jenkins singing In the Bleak Midwinter and the Doctor saying to a child 'Keep the faith, stay off the naughtiness'

The food and drink of course.

Proper Christmas weather for the first time I can remember. I loved it.


The Bad

Scalding my foot with boiling goose fat.

A bad cold which has materialised this morning.

Inception -in my elder son's stocking. Pile of incomprehensible tripe.


The Ugly
Do not read if you are about to eat.

Well, that's got to be my foot.
 After walking through the slush to the rugby ground yesterday the blisters all burst making it very painful again. It was worth it though as my team won 45-7 :o) I'm not going to post a picture as it is a little disgusting. I'm going to see the nurse later today to get it checked over.

: :

Christmas Sampler


Comments

  1. I've only just returned to blog land and have read your posts with delight (the nice bits!) and horror - you poor thing. I do hope it is not too painful I suggest putting your feet up indulging yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems we enjoyed much the same tv wise. I now have the union bauble it made flood day a little better. I am looking forward to reading more of your lovely blog next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous images - as ever. Glad the good outnumbered the bad and the ugly and hope the foot improves. We don't have TV but there has been some tremendous stuff on the wireless and of course we're all desperate ( and dreading) to hear what happens on the Archers on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased you all had a good time despite your foot accident, hope it gets better soon.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, I'm glad you're seeing a nurse about your foot. My brother accidentally spilled boiling hot paraffin onto his foot and it went into his boot and burned him bad. He didn't get it seen by a doctor and he got gangrene!!

    Loved the good things in your post.

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    Teresa in Corbett, Oregon USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sue,
    I`m glad you`re going to seek medical attention for you foot. I used to be a nurse on a burns ward and i`m glad you are going to get it looked at, take care.
    Love Carole from Rossendale xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed toy story 3 as well but on the fifteenth go around I'm starting to flag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pics as always, and mostly happy memories. Happy New Year to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a good Christmas, with the exception of your poor foot - hope it is healing now. I have to say that we saw Inception at the cinema and loved it, perhaps it is one of those films that you either love or hate. Beautiful New Year post. Wishing you and your family a Very Happy New Year, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, you burnt yourself with goose fat!!!! That sounds pretty horrendous... hope it heals properly soon - rest rest and rest!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment