Ten Ten Ten

Sunday, 10 October 2010

In honour of today's date.
Ten reasons to be cheerful.

1). It's Sunday.

2). The sun is shining.

3). My house and my garden smell of quinces.

4). I am reading the most wonderful book at the moment. One Fine Day by Mollie Panter Downes. I am enjoying it so much I don't want it to end.

5). There will be lamb and quince tagine for dinner with spiced pilaf.

6). There will be crème au chocolat for pud.

7). My younger son will surely stop drumming soon.

8). My daughter has made her bed.

9). My elder son has won an 'outstanding' award for his progress in sailing.

10). I managed to find ten things to pick in my garden. It was a struggle though.




12 comments:

  1. Great idea for a post. I'm very envious of numbers 2 and 6!

    Enjoy your day!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to celebrate today, and all things that would make me feel great. Mmmm, that pud sure sounds good. I had a lovely day with the sun shining and my son, daughter in law and granddaugher calling in with lemon cupcakes with a delicious lemon icing and a tiny dollop of lemon curd on the top....bliss.
    Sandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning. Like the 10/10/10 theme. Did you post it at 10.10?

    Have just realised that have not sent b-i-l a birthday card for yesterday. Mmm. Must get onto that now.

    I did a garden bunch yesterday. Only got five things tho'. Yours looks gorg. Happy weekend to you, Ax

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely xox I think it's great that your found 10 beautiful things in your garden xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your list, especially like the sound of the pud. Just read your shortbread post, I much prefer imperial measurements, metric just doesn't seem natural.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't want it to end either. So glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe! Loving some of your reasons xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post and some great reasons too. I especially liked numbers 7 and 8 !!
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post Sue, IT's great to be thankful for our everyday lives and oh, how fortunate we all are. Thank you for being a reminder of graditude.
    xo Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:22 pm BST

    Hi, you have a lovely blog, I've only just discovered it. Just commenting, perhaps you've already read them but just in case you haven't Mollie Panter Downes short stories, published by Persephone are simply wonderful.
    Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Bee and welcome. Yes, I have the two volumes of short stories by Mollie PD from Persephone and they are wonderful :o)

    ReplyDelete

The Quince Tree All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger