Cornwall 2010

Saturday, 4 September 2010





Blue boats, blue doors, blue windows, blue crates, blue nets, blue skies, blue sea.
Cornish blue.




Accents of red, orange and yellow


Fishing boats, sailing boats, lifeboats
Regattas and gig races.






Sparkling seas, wide skies, rockpools and fishing nets, Geoff the crab, snorkelling, bodyboarding, wetsuits and swimsuits.
Sandy sandwiches, suncream and damp towels.




Crab sandwiches, pasties and fish and chips.
Doughnuts hot from the frier with jam and clotted cream.
Fish barbecue on the beach
Banana milkshakes and pints of beer.



Magical placenames:
Polkanoggo, Trezebel, Tregamiddion, Manaccan, Rosemullion,
Poltesco, Pystyll Ogg, Caerthillian and Polgwidden.




Summer's end, fields cut, seedheads blowing,  leaves turning, blackberries ripening, wild seas.
 Rooks roosting, bats at dusk, days growing shorter.



Crochet on the beach, sculpture on the beach,
reading and writing on the beach
Note to self- make a cushion for the beach.


Sunshine for the entire week, such a surprise, relaxing relaxing relaxing.
Returning next year.

*
Ice cream flavours sampled by my family
ginger and honey
triple chocolate
hokey pokey
bubblegum
coconut bounty
rum and raisin
mint choc chip
trifle
lemon cheesecake
tiramisu
banoffee
toffee fudge
ginger fairings

all delicious apart from bubblegum.

*
Number of afternoons spent sitting on a rocky beach
7

Number of days I had to put on suncream
5

Number of meals I cooked
3
( they were assembled rather than cooked)

Number of pasties consumed by my family
16

Number of times I screeched
'come away from the edge of that cliff!'
27

Number of times my daughter said
'Can we have an ice cream now?'
548

: :

I do hope you liked my snapshot of our fabulous Cornish holiday. I can't remember ever enjoying a holiday so much. I feel completely refreshed and ready for Autumn which has always been my favourite time of year.

I have written down all the names of those of you who have entered my giveaway. It took me ages! Thankyou so much :o)
I will be announcing the winner in the next couple of days. I also have a couple of new purchases to show you so stay tuned.

Thank you also for your kind comments about my gran, much appreciated.

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in lovely Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what wonderful photos. Thank you so much for sharing. I missed seeing Cornwall last time I was over your way. It's definately my No.1 destination next time I visit your country. So glad you had a relaxing holiday and next to no cooking. YAY! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time.
    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colourful post, Sue.
    Your list made me smile - especially how many different icecream flavours were sampled and how many times your daughter posed the "can we have an icecream" question.
    Thank you for showing us the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, lovely photos and post. We spent 3 weeks in Cornwall in 2008 and had a chance to explore a lot of it and fell in love with it (and the pasties and cream teas !!!)
    Hope we can go back one day.
    Thanks for taking me with you.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post, Mrs Quince. Beautiful photos and what weather!

    We tried lots of sculpture in Scotland. Mostly tho', they were demolished before they were finished, let-a-lone(?) photoed, by the demonic SmallBean.

    Toffe fudge for me please. Ax

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nowhere finer than Cornwall in the sunshine. And I am most impressed at your services to ice-cream tasting. Most impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, really wonderful.

    Colette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. I feel inspired to visit. Weren't you lucky with the weather

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Cornwall and was lucky enough to live there for a couple of years when I was first married. Your beautifully coloured photos have captured Cornwall at its best. Thank you for sharing them, best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds (and looks!) as though you had a wonderful holiday - fabulous photos and I love the list of Cornish place names.
    Thank you
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pics!! I'm off to St Ives next Saturday and can't wait, we go back most years as get withdrawals! Autumn is my fave time of the year too, what better month to go in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:58 pm BST

    Hi, Glad your back, looks like you had a wonderful time.

    Lovely photo's

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely photos, makes me want to go!!
    Your "number of times etc" at the end made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another piece of heaven, by the looks of the photo's and I am so glad you showed a photo of a Cornish pastie, wouldn't be the same without having eaten one. It all sounds so delicious, the food, the weather, your hookie time. Ahh I can almost smell the sea.
    I am going to take my camera with me on my walks to show a little of where I walk, which is where I used to live, one day I will move back near there.
    Thank you Sue, lovely post once again.
    Hugs Sandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photos, Cornwall is such a beautiful place. Glad you had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulously evocative set of photos, I love them! Glad you had a good time

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect - as a Cornish girl this made me homesick for pasties and seaspray.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have summed up summer holidays in Cornwall perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

The Quince Tree All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger