A Quiet Night In

Saturday, 7 August 2010

To be honest most of my nights are both quiet and in. Yesterday was a bit special though.
I happened upon this idea in Appetite by Nigel Slater.


It seemed just the thing for a Friday night alone. Scallops are way too expensive to buy for a family of five but for one they are a definite possibility.



Mmmm...mmm



Followed by this.
It's another Nigel Slater idea from his TV series -Simple Suppers. Hot green beans tossed with ham and cheese, in this case heavenly Gorgonzola dolce.

I ate all this lovely food whilst watching An Affair to Remember with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. I'd never seen it before -wonderful, wonderful.


After that I watched Daniel Craig. It was Alice's fault, but I'm very grateful to her because Daniel Craig and his speedos were very, very nice.

Today I have crochet to block and crème brulée to make. Steak with blue cheese tonight, yum.

: :

Thank you for your kind comments about my recipe journal. Also thanks for the book recommendations. 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful night in! I love Nigel Slater's recipes, Simple Suppers is a great programme.

    Hope you're having a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had Nigel Slater here in the States. I see his name in your UK blogs guite frequently...What a nice evening you gave yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful looking meal, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fabulous Sue, I'm not really into scallops but prawns would do it for me. Gosh, when are they coming back? I bet you wish you had a bit longer don't you? I think we women deserve a bit of 'me time' every now and then.
    Enjoy,
    best wishes
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious, I love scallops too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you make such an effort for cooking just for one! If it was me, it would be beans on toast or a bowl of cornflakes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poetry. I said you should read poetry and contemplate your soul.

    Gah...my reputation is in ruins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice, I'll get round to that. One day.

    ReplyDelete

The Quince Tree All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger