An Outing

Tuesday, 4 May 2010

My daughter's school was closed today for teacher training so we thought we'd go on an outing. We settled on Charlecote Park near Stratford. Charlecote is a lovely Elizabethan house built of rose-coloured brick, Inside it is furnished as it would have been in the 1850s. That sort of heavy Victorian style is not to my taste, I preferred the exterior of the house to the interior.



My daughter thought this shepherd looked like Frodo






While I don't like Victorian decor I do love a Victorian kitchen. In fact I would much rather see kitchens, laundries, sculleries and servants' quarters than all those splendid reception rooms.




We had lunch sitting outside the orangery. Daughter found the sandwich disappointing saying the bread was spongey, wet and stuck to the roof of her mouth. I explained that this was because I hadn't made it. I love those moments :o)
She enjoyed her drink though.



Next to the car park was a wonderful plant shop. I was sorely tempted by the ranunculuses, but decided they'd fall over in the car and get damaged.






A grand day out.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fab days outing. I've not heard of Charlecote Park before.
    We don't live far from Stratford, it's definitely a place I'm sure we'd like to visit over the summer. Thanks so much for taking such beautiful photos (again).
    I'm a ranunculas fan too - that purple one is just too beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day out - have to say I'm with you on wanting to see the kitchens etc - far more interesting in my view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue,

    I'm with you. Victorian decor...definitely not my taste, but the kitchens - yes, yes, yes pleeeeeease with 'all' the kitchenalia.

    Lovely photos by the way.

    Have a wonderful weekend,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete

The Quince Tree All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger