Easter Chick and Hot Crossless Buns

A couple of Eastery things for you today. First, a chick made from Lucy's birdie tutorial .


These little birdies are fun to make and don't take long at all. I used some of my Debbie Bliss cotton. I was thinking of making an Easter garland of birdies and flowers. Something for next year perhaps.

Next a batch of hot cross buns. I don't bother with making paste crosses, I just cut a cross in them before baking. This year though, the crosses resealed themselves. I do hope it isn't a bad omen, the crosses are supposed to 'let the devil out'. I didn't follow a recipe, I just used my usual soft roll recipe enriching it with an egg, some butter, fruit and spices. Once they were baked I brushed a sugar glaze over them.


That's breakfast sorted for tomorrow.

Comments

  1. The chick is wonderful - I think a garland is a great idea... and how about robins for Christmas time (if you can bear to think that far ahead!) Happy Easter - enjoy your buns!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin your little bird Sue and I'm liking your idea for a Bird Garland (and Kirsty idea of a Robin Garland for Xmas). Everyone seems to be having great ideas - It must be the thought of Spring.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet birdie and you buns look lovely with that sticky glaze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just discovered your amazing blog - how did it take me so long? Beautiful photos, crafts and recipes - I'll definitely be a regular visitor. Happy Easter, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this bird is so lovely!

    Do you want to win a great silk shawl "sex and the city" very easily?
    Have o look at my blog and feel free to participate in your own language!

    grettings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment