April Sampler

Friday, 30 April 2010


April has been a lovely month filled with blossom and green things growing. Here's my April sampler- flowers, cake and crochet, what more could a girl want? Click on my Sampler Page at the top of this blog to see more samplers.

What will May bring I wonder? In the little wood nearby the bluebells are beginning to open. The hawthorn hedges will be mass of creamy flowers soon. I will finish my rainbow blanket and maybe even my blue ripple blanket. I've got a patchwork project bubbling away in my head which I might get round to beginning. There are English strawberries in the shops now and the asparagus season is in full swing. We have a bank holiday this weekend and VE day is next Saturday, a day we never celebrate but maybe this year I'll do something special.

 The Quince Tree has finally managed to open her flowers just in time for May.


Aren't they beautiful?

4 comments:

  1. I love the photos you've picked out for your April Sampler.
    I've not seen a Quince Tree before - the petals are really stunning.
    I wish I had had my camera with me this morning on my walk to the shops - the council had planted a container full of Purple and Yellow Pansies and they looked like a community of little happy folk. It brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous. Beautiful photos, lovely colours. Can't believe it's May already tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quince flower photos - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:16 am BST

    Love the flowers! keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

The Quince Tree All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger