Crème au Chocolat

Saturday, 13 March 2010

A recipe for you today. My family's favourite pudding in the world. I found this recipe on a French recipe website called Marmiton. I use it a lot for quick, easy and elegant recipes. The recipe's title translates as 'easy chocolate cream dessert' but I called it crème au chocolat' when I first served it  and the name has stuck. I make it on Saturdays (not every Saturday) because I can fill 13 little ramekins with the mixture, so we eat 5 on Saturday, 5 on Sunday and the kids get an extra one each on Monday. You could easily halve quantities. Make it soon, c'est trés, trés facile :o)

Ingredients
1 litre of milk
40g flour
50g butter
100g sugar
200g chocolate

Melt the butter in a pot, stir in the flour to make a roux. Gradually add the milk, stirring all the time, add the sugar, then the chocolate. Keep stirring until the chocolate has melted and the mixture thickened. It won't thicken a lot, it should be the consistency of double cream. What you are making is white sauce with chocolate. Pour into little pots and refrigerate. I put mine straight into the fridge whilst still hot because I like to live dangerously, but you should probably wait until they are cool first. The cream will thicken considerably once completely cool.


If you click on the picture you it will open in a bigger window.

I have brought my children up to have impeccable table manners.


6 comments:

  1. yum yum. That is going on my list to make this Easter holiday with my boys :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, just wanted to say Hello - found your blog via the comments on Lucy's Attic24 blog and just spent some time looking through your posts. I LOVE you granny blanket and have plans to make my first ever one as soon as I can buy some yarn in rainbow colours! Anyway - I've added you to my Google Reader so look forward to future posts :-)
    Cheers
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:02 am GMT

    Thanks for this recipe. This will be perfect for my son. Going to make it soon. Im loving your blog especially the good and bad - thats just like my house is!!! Mollyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent, bowl lickers of the world unite!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made it - it is just devilish! So lovely, thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is one to do when face with a chocolate pot - lick, lick, lick.

    ReplyDelete

The Quince Tree All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger